Thread: MBIII White "GMT" Concept

MBIII White "GMT" Concept

I'm hoping to be the proud recipient of a Solo White soon, but the process of choosing my "first" Bremont got me thinking about what the "perfect" Bremont watch would be for me.

I love the Solo, but I wish it didn't have a date window, but if I could make any alteration it would be based on the MBIII.

The white MBII is lovely, but I'd want the date at 6. My other watch is an Oris TT1 Divers GMT, which has the date at 6 and a lovely orange GMT hand, so that's lead me to this mock-up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bremont MBIII White RustyRoses.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	3878

I've cleaned up the dial a little, made everything orange to go with an orange barrel but kept the yellow grab handle of course. I stole the date at 6 from the Alt1-C so I realise the font is off.

Why mark it as a GMT? Because I didn't even realise the MBIII had a second timezone for months and months, I thought it was just the MBII in a larger 43mm size for some reason. I know that GMTs sell, in fact the movement in the MBIII is a relative of the one in my Oris, so I thought it would make it stand out to those "looking" for GMTs.

The 24 hour bezel could be in white, but i liked the "Panda" look here.

Rusty, welcome to the forum. That's one of the best first posts I've seen in a while.

I really like your Solo GMT concept, but I'm curious - what would it look like with a blue dial?

Do share some pictures of your Solo when it arrives!

J.

Thanks J! I spent a lot of time thinking about my perfect Bremont. I guess if a date at 6 wasn't possible, I'd also be fine with no date and applied numerals instead!

I wasn't sure if you meant Blue dial face or highlights, so here's a version with no GMT text in Blue and Red accents, just for fun

Name:	Bremont MBIII White GMT Blue.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	3879

Name:	Bremont MBIII White GMT Red.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	3880

I'll have a go at a blue dial version too...

Quote Originally Posted by RustyRoses View Post

I'll have a go at a blue dial version too...
    Thanks - I have a hankering for a blue dial at the moment...

J.

Dang, Rusty Roses!! Thats super cool looking! Great concept and photoshop work. Welcome aboard, and excellent post! Let us know when that white Solo lands! Come back and post often!

Thanks guys, I'll update with some photos when it arrives.

It would be cool to have a white GMT Solo that had a fixed 24hr chapter ring and no date. Maybe I'll have to mock one of them up too!

Nice, I like the white face. I'd buy it.